Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Options


It seems somehow we have just spoiled this last child of ours a little too much. He comes into our bed every morning between the hours of 3am-5am. This has NEVER been allowed! Last night he came into our bed at about 11:30. I was asleep, but Craig was awake watching tv. Anyway, this is the conversation Craig told me about this morning.

Spencer crawls into our bed.

Craig: If you are going to stay in our bed, you can not suck your thumb. (We are trying to stop this habit)

Spencer: takes his thumb out of his mouth, folds his arms across his chest and has a horrible scowl on his face. Craig says he sat there for a few minutes just with that mad look on his face. Then he finally sat up and crawled out of our bed.

Craig: Where are you going? I thought you were going to cuddle with me.

Spencer: I'm going to Spencer's bed! (I guess he sat there with his mad face and thought about his options. 1. Mom and dad's bed with no thumb or 2. My bed alone with my thumb. I guess he chose #2.

4 comments:

Candice said...

So cute!!

Lorena said...

That is so adorable!!! Kids are so funny!

nicole said...

HAHAHA...that is so funny!

The Snow Queen said...

His little thumb is so cute. I can't believe you would want him to stop.