Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Lessons

Yesterday I decided I needed to let my 3 little boys make their own decisions. I really struggle with getting them to claen up after themselves. I was fixing dinner and I told them they needed to clean up the mess they made in the family room. I also told them they would not be eating until it was cleaned up. I figured if they went to bed with hungry tummies maybe lesson learned? Well it took 2 hours for them to clean up the mess. Well, Spencer never did help. He kept asking for dinner and I kept redirecting him to the mess. At one point he sat at the table and made goo goo eyes at me trying to soften me up. (Do you think he knows I have a soft spot for him?) Anyway at this point I am trying to conceal the fact that I am busting up inside. I tell him he still needs to help clean up the mess. Without skipping a beat his face turns to anger and says to me, "I'm not going to be your friend anymore!" My 2 1/2 year old said this!!! Do these things just keep happening earlier and earlier??? I looked at him, told him I loved hom and that he still needed to pick up the toys. For the first time I don't think I was his favorite person!

2 comments:

The Reed Family said...

That is so funny! Just remember he thinks you are his best friend most of the time! Carter says things occasionally when he gets in trouble that are similar, but then he says things like 'you're the funniest mommy ever' and I love that! I love blogs though because it helps me record all these funny things!

smiths5 said...

ummm... Savannah told me I was ruining her life when she was 3!!