Monday, January 12, 2009

Potty training is "Beautiful"!


NOTE: The content of this material may be a little too descriptive for those that are week in the stomach.

So I thought what better day than today to start potty training. Spencer has been wanting to for some time, but with all the other kids home and no schedule that I just couldn't keep up on it.

Today is the day! We are sitting down to lunch and I think to myself, "Oh yea, I haven't put him on the potty in awhile." I do a quick check before I pull the pants down ( no surprises please). I see a skid mark in his pants. So, this will be a number 2 and 1 trip to the potty. No problem! So, we are sitting on the potty and he is trying to push it out. You know how they sit and look because they have to see what they are working so hard to accomplish. Remember I told you this was a little descriptive! Anyway he is lookin' and he is pushin' and the little tiniest bit comes out. He looks up at me with a huge smile and says, "BEAUTIFUL!" Need I say any more? How cute is that???? I'm sure this won't be the only potty training documentation that you may read, but I will always give you fair warning before you sit down to read it!

6 comments:

Robertsons said...

lol that is funny!

Lorena said...

That is so cute!:-)

The Reed Family said...

I have been contemplating the potty training thing...that makes me think I should start! By the way, you are one up on me for he updating of the blog...I took an entire month off while we were gone and probably won't be caught up this week as we unpack and get back to normal!
p.s. thanks for the buttermilk tip!

The Taylor Family said...

I shall try to remember to use "Beautiful" in that context in the future! Soo cute!

Nat said...

That was the funniest thing I have heard in a while. What a great story for him hear over and over when is dating.

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

I have to tell you that I love what you changed your page to. It looks awesome.