Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Why can't I get anything done in a day???

That is a question that is asked most often in my home. I always seem to answer it with I just don't have enough time. BUT...when I try to think WHY I didn't have any time I can't seem to think of the answer. Today, I got up at 6am to get kids ready for school. I actually did a good job of being ready on time today. Then I took the boys to preschool. After that Spencer and I went to vote! We then took off for the gym. After that we had to get gas, run to the store, and pick up another little girl to drop at preschool when I pick up my boys. I then did the switch at preschool and took the boys to Chick-Fila. I promised them since I had 3 free kids meals. I then came home and ate my lunch and got Spencer down for a nap. I turned to the boys and said, "Mommy is going to take a shower and Spencer is asleep. Please be quiet and make good choices for just a few minutes." Did I just plant the idea in their heads by telling them what I was going to do? Or should I have just snuck off to take a quick shower? I did think of not even taking one, but I didn't think my husband would appreciate coming home to a stinky wife. So, I get out and Eli comes to me and says,"Matthew was cutting the carrots with the knife." Matthew then enters the room and says,"Mom, Eli had the knife with the carrots." HMMMM, do you think that more than one child was involved and they thought that if they could tattle on the other THEY wouldn't get into trouble? Well, this is what they did. They got the BIG bag of little carrots and thought they would peel them and then cut them with a butter knife. So nice of them. It's not like I don't ever feed them. I just took them out for a special treat. The best part is that Eli doesn't even eat carrots! So here is the evidence of ehy I can't get anything done in a day. Because I now have 1 hour before i have to go wait for kids to get out of school and everyone knows what happens when kids get home from school. JUST DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING ANYTHING ELSE ACCOMPLISHED BEFORE DAD COMES HOME AND DINNER TIME!!!!

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

I ask myself this same question all the time. I am busy all day, yet nothing ever seems to get done. The life of a mom...

nicole said...

Hahaha... I love the pictures.