Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Political Aftermath

So, my 2 older kids came home from school yesterday wanting to know if mom and dad voted. The answer was yes, of course. They then wanted to make sure that we had voted for McCain. Well, yes, of course. They went around our house all afternoon asking the other kids, "And who will you be voting for?" I thought okay, maybe I should have talked more about politics to them. I am not much pf a political talker though. I hated government in high school and now I am regretting that. Trying to relearn all this stuff 14 years later when my brain is just fried is next to impossible! Anyway, they get up this morning turn on the tv and see McCain giving his speech from last night. They are jumping and so excited, because they think he has won. I tell them no Obama did and they aren't too happy about that. So, Zach asks me why did he win. I simply said because more people voted for him. As I walked out of the kitchen I hear Allison say quietly we needed more people. Such smart kids I have!

0 comments: