Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween

This was a very busy week for our family. It seems like we had something going on every day. The week started off with the flu. I was very nervous for 2 reasons: reason #1 Halloween was on Friday and reason #2 we were having family pictures on Saturday. More on the pictures later, but can I just say that I am so excited for these pictures. My friend has a sister that lives in Utah and she takes the most amazing pictures! Anyway, long story short she flew down here for a group of us that wanted her to take pictures of our families. Yea for me!!!!

Okay, back to Halloween. Our week went as follows:
Monday: Spencer had the flu
Tuesday: Spencer had the flu
Wednesday: Eli had the flu. Mom went to Allison's class for banana bread making. Do you think I could have remembered my camera? As soon as I can figure out how to scan in the picture her teacher gave me I will post it.
Thursday: All better! Time to shop for clothes for pics on Sat.
Friday: Class parties. I went to Zach's and not Allison's. How do you split your time when they are at the same time? Besides his class needed helpers and hers had plenty. I took my camera this time and forgot to use it...UGH! They made pumpkin predictions...how many lines a pumpkin has, float or sink, how many seeds, how much it weighed, etc. They then got to eat pretzel, apples, capri suns, and fruit rolls. Our distrcit has very strict guidlines on what you bring in to the school. It all has to be healthy. None of the fun Halloween cookie decorating or anything like that. Boowhooo! We then came home from school, ate dinner and got ready to go trick or treating. I gave up years ago trying to get all my kids to match. You know, like the Incredible family, Wizard of Oz, etc. So, they get ot be whatever they want. This ear we had 3 Jack Sparrows, Hanna Montanna, and a lion. They were all so cute, but the lion took the cake. Spencer had been practicing for a week on what a lion says. He would tell everyone that opened their door, "ROAR!!!!" One guy had a strobe light and a scary mask on and my 2 year old walks right up to him and says, "You're a bad guy!" I just have to say this was the funnest Halloween ever!!! All my other kids at this age wanted NOTHING to do with putting on a costume and going door to door. This little guy put it on HAPPILY and loved every minute of it. Here's to growing up!

We went with a few of our friends. This is all of the kids. Check out the chicken on the bottom. Isn't he the cutest! He just sat there and never once complained about the costume!

Here is my kids.

0 comments: