Monday, October 13, 2008

Soooo, they do hear me


Every morning as my kids are going to school I tell them to make good choices, or be a good example, or to do their best. I never really wondered if they heard me because of the complete and utter chaos that is occuring at that very moment. Well, last night I was finishing up a test on the computer and Zach sat over my shoulder reading what I was doing. He asked why I have been doing this for so long (it had been a 3 day ordeal). I told him it was a very important test that I had to finish by tomorrow. He gave me a hug and a kiss and started to go off to bed. He then stopped himself, turned around and said, "Do your best mom." I can not even begin to feel the wave of emotion that hit me when he said that to me. I just hope that it means that much to him when I say every morning. I love you, Zach. Thank you for doing your best and being a GREAT kid!

2 comments:

Fausett Family said...

Soooo sweet! It makes you feel good to know they really are paying attention.

Christina said...

All your kids are great!