Monday, August 4, 2008

Our week in a nutshell

Actually it has been about a week and half. I know we just started school, but this year round thing is for the birds. We go for 3 weeks and 2 days and then we are off for 4 weeks and 3 days. So, each time they go off track they have an awards assembly. Allison got the Principals award for outstanding academics. Then we were off to Palm Springs with our best friends the Fishers. Just the mommies and 10 kids for 2 nights in a hotel and swimming during the day. I know you are just trying to contain yourselves. You so wish you could have been in on this one...or at least had a hidden camera to watch us. It wasn't that bad. We learned form our mistakes last month. The kids had fun. Funny thing our friends the Lomenicks just happen to be there too one of the days.

We are so proud of her. We went to Claim Jumper that night to celebrate and daddy took the "big" kids to Barnes and Noble to pick out a book.

I forgot to take pictures at the pool. Here is most of the kids watching tv.

Spencer wanted to take a picture with mom. CHEESE!!!

It is contagious. Everyone to do the same thing!
Do you ever have that thought go through your head like, I really should move the container of powdered sugar, but I'm sure it will be okay while I take a shower. What was I thinking??? I know we are supposed to listen to our inner thoughts, but why is it that we tend to ignore them most of the time? I got out of the shower and found Spencer just sitting there looking cutter than ever covered in the stuff. It wasn't until I put the camera away and went to clean him up that I really got a good look at him. You couldn't even see the picture on his shirt because it was all white. I started to clean him up and decided this was a job for the tub. Aren't kids just so cute!!!

5 comments:

Fausett Family said...

Year-round is so much fun huh! Elena is actually still in first grade right now. This is her last week. Then she has two weeks off and starts 2nd grade. On Elena's last track break she told me at 8:00am on the first day that she was bored! I said go clean your room. For everytime I would hear "I'm bored" she would get another chore. She learned quickly not to say it. My mom did the same thing to us growing up. She would say I have plenty of work for you to do if you are bored.

Candice said...

That is adorable! I actually had a similar situation a few years ago that involved a 2 pound bag of brown sugar and my livingroom carpet. If this ever happens to you, don't vacuum! The heat from the vacuum melts the sugar into the carpet!! Although, I don't know how I would have gotten it up otherwise, maybe a shop vac instead? Kids! What are they thinking?! LOL!

reesespeanutbuttercups said...

Great idea Allison. I am going to try that. My kids don't say they are bored they always say what's next mom. Zach wakes up saying where are we going today? Boy if that isn't pressure to entertain I don't know what is!;)

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

It really was fun seeing you guys in P.S. Anyway, how could you let your kid get into the sugar. My kids would never....Ok whatever. My kids just prefer the hot chocolate mix.

Blog Example said...

Hi Nicole & Craig - this is Jennifer Tanner (Taliaferro) - you have such an adorable family. Danielle Mar gave me your blog address and I'm so glad because it was cool to be able to see how you guys are doing. Hope all is well with you - Nicole please tell craig I said hi, he's like a brother to me.