Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Can you believe it.....


Well here is the before picture. Today Zach got the first phase of his braces on. Aren't we so lucky that we get to do this twice for him!!! The ortho told me one in twenty kids have to have them at this age and in 2 phases. I told him then I must be in the clear for my other 4...yea right! Anyway, Zach is so thrilled. Braces are all he talked about for a long time and suddenly he needed them. I think I am going to try that trick. If you just wish long and hard enough, just maybe it will come true.

Doesn't he look so cute! I told him to smile...can you tell if he is or not?

Here they go on!

Here is the after picture. They are just on his permanent teeth. At a later date he gets some device installed in the bottom of his mouth to widen it. So, here's to braces!

4 comments:

Candice said...

Katrina had spacer retainers for a year and a half. It made a huge difference making more room in her mouth. I get compliments on her teeth all the time. The boys probably won't be so lucky and need braces instead. Can you believe our kids are old enough to even be in this phase of life??

Lorena said...

He is so adorable...today at school he proudly came to me and gave me a big smile.

Fausett Family said...

And it begins! I can only imagine the amount of dental work my kids will have. Their problem isn't too little space but too much. Gaps Galore! In fact Noah has so much that a third tooth grew in right in the middle and nobody ever notices because he still has space. Yes, he has three front teeth. It is so funny and a real conversation starter. At least it is a baby tooth.

Becky said...

Braces were never my favorite...but he'll get through.

I just wanted to thank you for the things you said. It's so nice to know that there are people out there that go through the same things I do. It is so much more important to take the time with them than to worry about the things that will always be there, like cleaning. I forget that all too often. Thanks for the reminder.

Now, if I can just manage my time on Facebook and Blogger a little better, I'd be set!