Monday, August 25, 2008

Catalina 2008

Well here it is. Our annual trip to Catalina. The kids look forward to this every year. It really is a great place to go as a family. No cooking, no cleaning, just relaxing...well, sort of. I do have five kids, there never really is a quiet moment. Anyway we took off on a Saturday and was over on the island by lunch time this year. That was great, we felt like we got an extra day in because we got to go to the beach after lunch. Basically we just hung out at the beach every day. They did open the climbing wall and that is all Zach needed to hear. They had that thing open for about 2 1/2 hours and he was there the whole time. He just absolutely loves it! He tried every wall (about 10 of them). The kid is a monkey. We find this very interesting because when he was smaller he was to "cautious" to climb anything. I guess the wall is pretty competitive and Zach is all over that! Craig and I even gave it a try. They had a little wall and Matthew, Allison, and Spencer gave that one a try. Of course we participated in the annual variety show that grandma Nana puts on, but do you think I could remember to bring the camera out for that. Who wants to get up and walk back to the room for it??? Not me, I'm on vacation! Maybe I will get pictures later form others who were more responsible than I. Okay, what else did we do??? Oh, I decided to be like every one else and start those dang Twilight books. Needless to say I did a lot of reading and made vol. one stretch out for the length of our stay. I didn't think that I would need the second one. Boy, was I wrong! Good books. I am on the third one now and am trying to just get through this blog so I can get more reading in. It is the soul reason why I haven't posted this sooner. Anyway I will have to let you all know how I feel next week when I finish. I just had to post a few pictures alone from the slide show.
This is how Craig spent his vacation...like father....

Like son

2 comments:

Candice said...

That sounds so relaxing!!! I too am a Twilight junkie. Enjoy!!

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

Well those are gorgeous pics of the kids. Now get back to reading. You still have another book to read.