Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Beach trip and the much anticipated tooth pulling!

Well we had our annual beach trip with the Lomenick family on Saturday. The kids had so much fun. The plan was to saty there all day and BBQ dinner there. Problem was that we did not get there early enough to get a fire pit. My husband says don't worry I brought the camp stove. I'm thinking okay dinner is still on. As the day goes on it just keeps getting windier and windier (is that a word?) Anyway, as we are all huddled under blankets and none of the kids are really playing I say lets pack it up and move to the parking lot and try to BBQ there and make some sort of wind break with our cars. Craig says, "Okay, but what are we going to cook the food on?" I'm thinking what do you mean??? You said we had the camp stove what else do we need? He says I brought that to put the pot on for the corn, but how are we going to cook the dogs and chicken? Again, I'm thinking then what are we doing here being miserably cold. Why didn't we figure this out earlier?? So, we did pack it up and decided to find a park to BBQ at. Again, no luck. So now we decide to drive to our house and do dinner there. It is like 6pm by now and we have kids complaining that they are hungry, because do they ever really stop to eat anything that sticks to their ribs when they are at the beach? So, on the 91 we go and you will never guess....TRAFFIC. Of course, this is Southern California and why would we even think that we could get on the 91 at 6pm on a Sat, and NOT have traffic. Anyway, we get to our house at about 6:45ish and get everything going. All I could think of was, gee we could have been doing this hours ago, wind free and a lot warmer. It really was a good day and the kids were totally zonked by the end of the day.


Isn't he just sooo cute!!!


So, Allison has had this loose tooth for months now. It has been hanging on by a thread. She, just won't let anybody get near it. Yesterday morning I'm in the kitchen and I hear screaming. Honestly, I didn't even think anything of it. Screaming is normal occurence at our home. Then Allison comes running to me, "MOM, MOM, my tooth, daddy pulled my tooth out!!!" She was so excited and I think quickly forgave her daddy for pinning her down and pulling her tooth out. Needless to say she could hardly wait to go to bed last night. She even said to me can I just go and you don't even need to tuck me in?

Here she is. A little blurry, but here is our toothless little girl.

4 comments:

The Snow Queen said...

So cute. If Craig needs he can borrow Dave's needle nose pliers next time, they worked great on Willows teeth.

The Reed Family said...

I would give anything to trade you places to be cold for a day!! Oh and I am here for your enjoyment, seriously, thinking of things that happen here with a sense of humor is the only way I'll survive. So enjoy the blog and a few laughs!

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

The beach sure was a lot of fun (minus the wind)! That's a great picture of Spencer.

Congrats to Allison. That's so exciting. Landon can't wait to loose his 1st tooth.

Anonymous said...

Came across your blog while browsing, and I must say that your children are adorable! Looks like you have a wonderfully happy family. :D