Saturday, May 3, 2008

Women's Conference

I am so lucky. I have a friend in my ward that asked me to go to conference with her. I thought to myself, "Gee that would be fun, but what do I do with my kids?" Then my other friend said I think I am going to go and I am sure we can figure this thing out. So, I talked to Craig and he said, "Go"! Off we went. We arrived at the airport on Wed. at 2:30 only to find that our 4pm flight would not be there until 6:30. So, I bet you are wondering what 3 women do in an airport for 3 hours (with no children might I add). Well let me tell you...gab, gab, gab. We were just saying on the way home today that was the fastest 4 hours ever! Anyway we got there, late of course, and went to bed. Thursday we got up and started our way to BYU. I just can not explain what an awesome expeirence this was for me. I just loved being with these ladies and hearing the talks that we heard. I am hoping to be able to just apply one thing I learned this weekend. The best part about it all was we found out that the Prophet was going to be the closing speaker for conference. The Prophet, can you believe that? Well, we sure couldn't. That alone made the trip worth while. Everyone talks about the feeling of peace and the spirit that enters into the room when the Prophet of the Lord enters in. I always believed that, but to feel and know it first hand is absolutely amazing. Honestly, how can anyone doubt it?! I will forever remember that day and the feelings that came over me. I will always be so grateful for my friend for asking me to go and for my supportive husband saying go! Thank you to everyone who took care of my children. I love you all!!!

3 comments:

Candice said...

How fun! I live here and still haven't found a year that I can go to Women's Conference. Maybe next year!

Lorena said...

Nicole, it sounds like Women's Conference was very inspiring. It's a wonderful time to be a woman and mother in the church. We have so many reasons to walk with confidence and faith. We have the knowledge of who we are and what is eternally important. I can't imagine going through this life without that! *This is what gives me strength while I battle CKD.

Robertsons said...

VERY FUN!!