Monday, May 5, 2008

Kids, you gotta love em'


So, I have been spending my day putting everything back to it's original place after my 2 1/2 days of being gone. Today when the kids had asked for a snack I went out to the garage to give them some string cheese. (side note...I bought this string cheese at Costco right before I left. So you know it is a big bag.) There was only 3 left in the fridge. I thought to myself wow, they sure did eat a lot of string cheese. So, I am trying to find Matthew's backpack before the school bus got here at 7:20 am. ( I know this is jumpy, but bear with me here) It is nowhere to be found. So find another, which HE is NOT happy about. Now I don't know about any of you, but I have one child that likes to put random things in his pockets, bags, or anywhere else they might fit. I have one that likes to color on ALL surfaces, EXCEPT paper. Another that likes to take scissors and cut things into the tiniest of pieces. And another that takes things apart. Now mind you that, I NEVER find any of this the day that it was done because they hide all over my house when they are doing it. Which, now brings us to right now. I have made it into my room to clean and low and behold Matthew's back pack!!! I take a quick look to see Allison's doll house furniture inside. Yes, he is my stuffer. So off to her room to empty the back pack. As I reach my hand in not only do I pull out the furniture, but a string cheese. I think to myself, huh, he must have gotten into the remainder of the string cheese. Then I plunge my hand in again to pull out a hand full of string cheeses!!!! All 30 to be exact!!!! Do you ever wonder what would poses them to put 30 string cheese in their back pack? He must of been thinking he was going to be very hungry later and did not want to bother mommy. Well, that is one mystery solved for today. Now if I could only find out who's idea it was to take the q-tips and cut them into pieces behind my daughters bed???

4 comments:

Robertsons said...

LOL that is actually REALLY funny!

The Snow Queen said...

Smile, you could have wondered what that smell was for two weeks before you found the string cheeses.

Lorena said...

How funny...kids are so cute!

The Taylor Family said...

Times like that when you must repeat over and over and over in your head, There is no place like home and how much you love your kids! Ha Ha!!!