Saturday, April 26, 2008

Happy Birthday to Allison!

Well, today was the much anticipated party day. We had 16 little girls at our home for a garden party. This was a first for us. We usually invite family and a few close friends. This time a fun girly party. Dad was right in the middle of it! It is so funny to me, when I think he doesnt't have an opinion of some things, it is then he has the most opinion. He grilled me this morning on activities, set up, and so on. He said he wanted to make sure HIS little girl was going to have a good party. I'm thinking cute, but the input could have been better like 2-3 weeks ago when the party was in the making! It's okay daddy we love you and we know you adore your little girl who is now 6 years old. Just where has the time gone? We were just saying yesterday that when we brought her home from the hospital, she sure shook things up a bit in our home. She demanded ALL of my attention during the day and cried ALL night long. I'm so sorry now that it is all a blur to me. She is such a blessing in our lives and has a bunch of brothers that will serve as her protection as the years go on. When we told her that Spencer was going to be a boy she said to us, "Mom please no more boys!" She still thinks that there is a little sister out there for her and asks me almost weekly when is she coming. I tell her the odds are just not in our favor and that what would she do with ANOTHER brother. She just shakes it off and then asks again next week.
Okay to explain some of these pictures. We had all the girls put their names on visors and plant their own flower. They also did a watering can relay. After that we had her flower pot cake and opened presents. They all had butterfly and flower sandwiches with watermelon. Allison asked for a cake that was a flower and had a butterfly drinking the nectar out of it. This is what we came up with. Just in case you can't tell it is a flower pot with daisies and a few butterflies flying around it. Yes I made it and it was all edible except for the 3 silk butterflies. Please keep in mind I am no professional and one day will take classes to help me out. For now I rely on my friend Michelle for all of her wisdom and hard earned money spent on classes. Thank you Michelle! I think the girls had fun and mom sure having all those little girls here! Well, I think dad did too!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Hi, you will not know me, but I know Craig and he will have a hard time remembering me. I'm Becky (Baumgarten) Garfield. I used to be really good friends with Cheryl when we lived in San Bernardino. I got your blog from Lizzy Johnson who has been my good friend for the last 25 years. I hope you don't mind, but I just had to say what a beautiful family you have and that Craig looks really happy! Tell him hi for me and here's our blog, http://beckysbusyboys.blogspot.com/
Take care!

Fausett Family said...

Allison looks like she had a fun time. I think about how fast the time goes when we don't see each other. I can't believe she is 6. I remember coming to see you when you were in the Carlsons house and she was just a baby. Elena thinks there is a sister out there for her too. I tell here the chances of getting another brother are more likely. Girls are fun, moody, and highly unpredictable. Aren't we glad we only have one. Besides it scares me that she might be just like me.

The Taylor Family said...

Oh my gosh, seriously! You are like the craftiest person alive! I sure do wish you lived by me! What a lucky girlie to be in there with all those boys! Too cute!

Lorena said...

Nicole,
I love the cake!
It looks amazing...you are so talented. :-)

Dan and Michelle said...

Craig or Nicole, Do you know how I can get in contact with Cheryl? I haven't talk to her in forever and wanted to see what she is up to.
Thanks, Michelle (Veater) Black

The Reed Family said...

All these poor girls with no sisters!! I feel for them. It looks like the party was a success, too bad we couldn't all get together while the Davis' were in town. But we booked it out of the Fisher house as soon as we heard the words throw up! p.s. how is it that we always call my sister at the exact same time? It's so funny! If only there were two of her neither of us would ever have to hear "Can I call you back?" It seriously cracks me up!! She must feel pretty lucky to have us in her life dying to talk to her huh?