Monday, March 31, 2008

I'm getting there

Well we have been in our house for two years and I am half way done painting...YEA!!! Today was our first day off track and I decided to paint our living room. You see I missed the line when they were handing out the talent in home decorating. I really have NO clue. Oh, and my husband always says, "Sure that looks good...whatever you want honey." How is that supposed to help me? Anyway I had some inside help on picking out colors that go with my kitchen and family room. Now that I painted it today I am wondering if I like it. I can't figure out if it is because I am used to looking at the white, flat painted walls with my kids art work on them or if I now need some contrasting colors into the room. I guess it is time to bring in the professionals...Michelle where are you? I had good intentions to finish my dining room tomorrow, but in the 4 1/2 hours it took my sister and I to paint my 5 beautiful children dumped and I mean DUMPED every toy they own out in their rooms...including Spencer's and drug them out the hall, into my room and the whole rest of the house for that matter. Matthew also decided about every couple of hours he didn't like what he was wearing and every room I walked into I found a complete set of clothes (underwear and all) lying all over that room. Not to mention my kitchen is a disaster and my kids tore apart the backyard. Oh, and Eli clogged a toilet this morning that I never got to and Craig wasn't to thrilled that I forgot about it. He had to do it...not one of his favorite jobs. Sorry, Craig. I guess I won't be painting tomorrow. I think I will be trying to get us back in order so they can do it all over again while I am painting the rest of my house. So much fun!!!!

2 comments:

Derek Williams said...

Ciao figlio mio! Thanks for looking us up. It was great to hear from you. We DO need to do Disneyland. Actually Julie and I were just talking about going back again a couple days ago. We took the family a few years and 3 kids ago. I need an email address so I can pepper you with all my questions. Drop me an email at derekw@netrixweb.com and tell me what you're up to besides cavorting at George Strait concerts. By the way, did I ever tell you my old bishop in San Antonio lived right next door to good ol' George? He's a nice guy.

The Taylor Family said...

Too fuuny! Dont you love how much trouble they kids can get into! Ha ha it is so much funnier when it is happening to someone else! Hey I am tagging you and I really need you because you are so good and I know you would have GREAT suggestions! So how it works is you go to my blog to see how it works! Becca