Thursday, January 20, 2011

Normal

If you were to come into my home while I am in the shower you most likely will see at least one of my children kicking, banging, and screaming at my bedroom door. This happens every time I get in the shower. Mostly during the week. I spend my mornings out with the kids getting them breakfast, making thier sandwiches, making sure they're dressed, hair fixed, etc. I do this so by the time I get in the shower they are practically ready for school. Never fails, they ABSOLUTELY HAVE something to tell me just as soon as I jump in the shower! This morning my one child, whom it's like pulling teeth to get ready for school, was pounding, kicking and screaming at my door. I'm yelling form inside, "I'm in the shower. I'll be done in a minute." (As if he can hear me) Anyway, I hurry through the shower, wrap myself in a towel and open my door. This is what he had to tell me, "I'm ready for school, mom." How do you get upset at that??? I was so grateful that fo rthe first time all year he was ready 45 min. before school started!

I'm just wondering if this is the norm in everyone's house and if this is ine of those things that I will NOT miss? You know, like the pee around the toilets, the little "prizes" you find under beds, in closets and anywhere that you can stash something, and the homework!

SO today I love my job as a mom and I'm grateful I have the privilege of being a mom. I love all my children and today in particular, I'm glad they were ready for school early!

P.S. I'm hoping to post pictures from the last post, but I'm having internet problems on the computer that has all my pictures :(

2 comments:

Nat said...

That is Normal at our house, but the boy comes into the bathroom and opens up the shower curtin. I need to lock the door. Great Job to the Boy who was early!!! Sam needs to hurry up in the morning. He is my slow one it drives me CRAZY!!

**PS - Welcome back to the blogging world, I have missed you.**

Amber said...

This is why I like 7:45am school and 8am preschool. I look a fright while dropping them off, but I can shower afterwards and still be ready for the day by 9am at the latest.