Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy birthday baby girl

We just celebrated my baby girl's 8th birthday. It was her year to have a party and that we did! We had 16 little girls over for a nature party. We had snacks like bug juice, a caterpillar made out of a cucumber, snails, and oh man, I forgot the last snack! They each made their own terrarium, went on a nature treasure hunt, ate cake, opened presents, played "nature" charades and duck, duck goose. She also was able to have her best friend spend the night and go to church the next day since her birthday fell on a Sunday. These girls cracked me up. When we played charades I told them to act out things you find outside. They rule was they had to tell me so I know there was no cheating. They chose things like dirt, a blade of grass, a tree, and a rollie pollie. No joke, someone got each one with in 5 guesses! I couldn't believe it...a blade of grass??? Literally the girl just walked up to the front and stood there at attention. One girl yelled out right away, "A BLADE OF GRASS"! I about died! Anyway it was great and they all had a blast.

The next day we had family and a few friends over for her birthday, Craig's and my brother's. Of course that meant there was a million kids here. Craig set up the badmitton set. We did have a few casualties, but all in all they were hooked and most of them played that the WHOLE time! Oh, and of course we had yummy bbq!

Happy birthday all!!!


0 comments: