Monday, April 6, 2009

How do I get the stuff to put in the house?


So we are driving in the car, listening to the kids' music when from out of nowhere Eli says: Mom, when I grow up and get to be a dad how am I going to get a house?

Mom: Well, when you are a dad you are going to have a job and that job is going to pay you money. With that money you can buy a house.

Eli: Well, then how am I going to get all that stuff to put in the house?

Mom: What stuff?

Eli: You know, how am I going to get the kids to put in the house?

Mom: (Oh boy here we go again, I am never going to think that my kids are never going to ask me these questions again! See post about Zach) Well, Eli when you grow up you will meet a young lady and get married.

Before I even can take a breath Allison chimes in: In the temple!

Mom: Yes, you will get married in the temple and because you love each other soooo much, Heavenly Father is going to give you children to put in that house. (Phew, I think I'm done. Good job mom!)

Eli: Mom? Is that how you and daddy did it?

Mom: Yes Eli, that is exactly how we did it!!!!!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Love it! Eli is so funny.

The Taylor Family said...

That is exaclty how we did it huh!?!?!?! :)

smiths5 said...

He is such a doll!