Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Oak Glen

We had a fun weekend with our friends the Fishers. It started out with us going out to their house on Sat. am, watching conf., eating dinner, the men going to priesthood and the ladies getting the kids all settled for some serious game playing. It is funny how you have no idea what your day is going to be like when you wake up. We didn't leave our house until 2pm. By the time we made all of our stops it was 3:30 when we arrived at their house. Oh, that morning Chris thought it would be fun if we had a family sleepover so we could all have breakfast before conf. just like the good ol' times! We agreed to that. So, after lollygagging for awhile we left for Oak Glen. Yes, the men missed priesthood...we did have good intentions. When we got there at 4:30 I couldn't figure out why it was like a ghost town on a Sat. Well, that is because everything closes at 5pm! We walked around for a bit and then went on a mad chas for an apple pie. You can't go there and NOT leave without one. I'll spare you all the boring details....we had SUCCESS!!!! So here are a few pictures of our short, but very fall day in Oak Glen.

Look at those babies, aren't they so cute!


The girls were trying to decide what they were going to wish for.


4 comments:

Robertsons said...

it still kills me that we just missed each other!

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

All of those kids come from two families??? j/k we'll be right there with you guys some day. Well, maybe one short of you and the Fishers.

The Fisher Family said...

It's amazing we are able to go anywhere together with all those crazy kids! We have the best times with you guys. I love the looks we get when we're together. I don't know why we never get around to playing a game of ticket to ride or settlers anymore, we are always so tired after a few hours together! Love you guys.

Fausett Family said...

Oh, Oak Glen. I remember going there with the Veaters and I think one time I went with Craig or he was with us. Sounds like fun and I couldn't help but see you guys wearing jackets and hats. It was 98here yesterday. They say it is supposed to get cool this weekend, I will be waiting. I love Fall!