Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Zach and Matthew

I am so bad. Zach and Matthew had a birthday a week ago today. It was on the 28th of Aug. It has taken me this long to post anything. Can you believe Zach is 8 and Matthew 4? I am having a hard time taking that one in. Any way I wanted to do something fun for them on their birthday so we went to a new little water park by our house. The kids had a blast. The only bad thing was NO shade. My sister went with us and we have decided next time we will be in our suits too! That night we had our family over for dinner and cake. Side note...two months ago we were eating dinner and Zach says, "Mom for my birthday I want steak and twice baked potatoes". Just like that. So, that is what he got. Of course they each got to pick their own breakfast that morning. Zach had to have his favorite, breakfast burritos and Matthew, choc. chip pancakes. By doing that I didn't feel so bad that Zach picked out the menu for dinner. Okay, so to dessert. Both boys have to have their own cake, right? So Matthew got a race car cake and Zach wanted a Quiksilver cake. I have never seen a kid so obsessed with a brand name like this one is! If you can't tell it is a copy of his favorite shirt made on to a "shirt" cake. It is a good thing you all are looking at them as a picture because I just wasn't in to it this time. The pictures hides most of the flaws. The boys, I think had fun. I am just amazed at how fast they grow. It seems just yesterday we found out we were pregnant with Zach and then learning that Matthew could possibly share a birthday with his brother. Time sure does fly. We love you boys and we are so blessed that we have your sweet spirits in our home.

1 comments:

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

Oh my goodness, that cake is amazing. You're just awesome at cakes!