Thursday, April 3, 2008

Wild Animal Park

So we went to the Wild animal with the Fisher family today. For those of you who don't know they also have five kids. Today I had a bonus, Allison's friend McKenna, So I tipped the scales and together we made 11 children under 7. No, Tricia and I didn't go by ourselves...what do you think were nuts??? Well, only sometimes when we are desperate to get out of the house and THINK that our kids will have a good time doing something together. Only to find that we are spending most of our time with one of us watching the big group while searching for one or two strays. Never fails we always get asked the best questions. One day I am just going to say YES to one of them and then see what their response is next!!! Anyway Chris was with us today. So, 3 adults for 11 kids was pretty manageable. They had a butterfly exhibit and boy was it neat. The kids were so excited that a butterfly landed on them. We also saw the monkeys, okay Tricia the gorillas, the lions, birds, ugly, ugly spiders and insects...did I mention they were ugly and BIG? We also had cotton candy which Spencer was not to thrilled when it was gone, but Aiden loved it...his first taste! All in all I think it was a pretty successful day...considering we didn't loose anyone.

5 comments:

The Snow Queen said...

The slide show is so cool! I love the butterflies that float around. Alison looks so cute with the butterfly on her finger!

The Reed Family said...

the only thing I wish is that I could have been there too!! 13 kids would have been even more fun right?

Lorena said...

Cute pictures!
What a fun adventure with 11 kids!

Candice said...

Hi, Craig and Nicole, I just found your blog linked to another blog. I can't believe how your family has grown! I just started a blog yesterday if you want to check it out and link it to yours. Love, Candice
http://thekarperfamily.blogspot.com/

Nat said...

Nicole and Craig ~ It has been a long time. I just found you! I love these blogs. It helped Steve keep in touch while he was in Iraq.
Just wanted to say Hello.
Nat