Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The power of friends



I don't know why I didn't ever think of this before. My kids are off track and every time they go off track I get the itch to clean things out. You know the thing that you NEVER get to. Closets, cupboards, painting, things like that. I also know that I need to do fun activities with my children, but somehow not many of those happen because I am always cleaning. I clean up their messes so I can get to the BIG jobs, but as soon as I am done another mess has been created. Well, this time it has been different. There is a little girl in Allison's class whose mom had surgery just as soon as we went off track. She asked if her daughter could come play so she isn't so bored at home because mom is down. I said of course. So, I had her 2 days last week and 3 days this week. On top of that Zach had a friend over today and Allison invited another little girl from church who is also in her class. I have never gotten so much done. I have played with them, done my big jobs, and pretty much kept my house clean. We have also been able to go on fun day trips at least once a week! This is so amazing. I just can't figure out why I never did this before while they were off track. I just LOVE having their friends over, well I am sure they do too;)

7 comments:

The Reed Family said...

I totally agree...sometimes I feel like maybe I don't want more kids at my house but it usually ends up so great because it occupies the boys so well!

The Reed Family said...

oh and i LOVE the picture with all the kids...I am actually amazed that you got such a great with all 10! It's adorable

Lorena said...

So true! Thank goodness for friends!!
Love your picture!

Anonymous said...

Friends are great! Too bad we don't live closer and we could get so much more done, and go shopping without the kids. That is an ideal world. Can you believe I did this?

Nat said...

I can not beleive how it all works out that way but it does. Friends that keep my boys happy and out of my hair is the best day! with just the 2 boys it is hard for them to play together sometimes, does it gets easier with more kids?? I am trying to get steve to have at least one more. let me know how a big family works.

The Taylor Family said...

I love the feeling of getting it all done! I rarely ever get that! Ha Ha! Anyway good plan, a little bit of fun for them and accomplishment feelings for you!!

Lizzy said...

I have used this technique many times myself!!! It works great. Your kids are adorable! --Lizzy