Thursday, May 6, 2010

Merry Christmas

Yep, you read that right. I was just looking back and realized I never posted Christmas. To be honest I'm not surprised. I don't know if I'll ever get caught up, but I can at least try. So here it is. We started off with our traditional Christmas Eve movie. We saw Princess and the Frog. Then dinner and festivities at our house. We even had a visit from Santa. He brought our Christmas jammies and stayed long enough to read 'Twas the night before Christmas. It was then off to bed so we could have plenty of rest for the big day. Christmas morning started off with Craig's tradition of putting all the kids on the couch and he explains why we celebrate and how it is much more important to give than receive. The poor kids just nod and say yes so he will get through it quickly and they can get on to opening presents. The big thing this year was bikes. They all got them and the excitement did not set in for quit some time about the bikes. After that more family came with more presents and then on to Iron Chef Swant vs. Rees. My brother thought it would be fun to do that for Christmas dinner. It was battle orange. We both had to make an appetizer, main dish, a drink, and dessert. We all had so much fun and the food was great. It did solidify that I really should have a double oven and 5 burner stove among a kitchen twice the size it is...hint, hint.

Over all it was a great day and we were just happy to spend it with the people we care about the most.

0 comments: