Monday, January 18, 2010

More rain

As you can tell I had my friends 3 boys today and she had Allison. Actually we swapped kids for a sleep over. Well, we had to do the exchange today in the middle of all this bad weather. There have been a few times where I have had to drive in bad weather and this ranks up with those few. I got in the car and said a quick prayer that she and I would make it to our meeting spot and back home safely. I then called to tell her we were on our way. She said to me drive safely and I responded with, "Oh, I will and I have already said a prayer". I then told her to do the same. Honestly, I don't think I have ever been so scared. Not only do I have most of my precious cargo, but hers too. I gripped the steering wheel so tight and off I went. There were times the freeway was so flooded that as I crept through the water as it splashed above my van. I never went over 45 for fear that I would hit another bad spot and spin out. And during this whole time I kept on repeating my prayer over and over. We made it to the meeting spot and then it was time to go home. The drive home was totally different. There was one really flooded area and that was it. The rain had stopped (keep in mind it has been pouring since noon) and the sun came out. At one point it actually became so bright that I had to reach for my sunglasses. This is when my daughter says, "It has stopped raining and the sun is coming out." My 9 year old son replies with, "That is because mom said a prayer." These are the moments I am most grateful for. Even as I type this tears form in my eyes. I realize that I could have had a teaching moment with my children and we could all have said the prayer together. However, I am grateful that he did over hear me say that I had said that prayer. I am grateful for the power of prayer and that my 9 year old has a testimony of prayer. I am also extremely grateful that I made it home to record this moment forever.

3 comments:

The Reed Family said...

I love moments like that! I am also VERY glad all of the precious cargo is safe!! And I am so glad my sister has a friend like you!

The Reed Family said...

I would love the frosting recipe. I found the one I used on allrecipes, and I thought it tasted really good. But I am up for trying a new one, it is so humid here that it just starts to melt right off the cake! So one that holds up better would be great. And yeah, I definitely had a claw hand when I was done. I had to take several breaks and shake it out.

The Reed Family said...

my email is reedaz2@msn.com

THanks!!