Monday, June 22, 2009

Middle of the night

Last night, at 2:37 am to be exact, I was woken by my 4 1/2 year old. He was standing by my bed completely dressed for the day. He was wanting to watch a movie. It took me a minute to get my barrings. I had to tell him it was still night night time and he had to go back to bed. I then lay back down to go back to sleep and I hear sobbing from the other room. He had gone into the toy room and laid himself on the couch and was just sobbing. (He is definitely my most sensitive child) I then go back in there (trying really hard not to wake myself completely up, because I will then lay in bed for hours trying to go back to sleep) to see what is the matter. He says he is so sad because he just wants to watch a movie. Sometimes as a mom your heart just melts. I tell him that if he goes back to bed he can watch one first thing when the sun comes up. That seemed to slow down the crying enough to get him quietly back to bed.

Thank heaven for little children.

0 comments: