Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Spencer

It is so hard to believe that our little boy is 2 years old. My how time flies when we are having fun. His actual birthday is on Tuesday and he shares it with my grandma. We had a little family party on Sunday for him. He has this teddy bear that he absolutely will not go to sleep with out. I thought it would be cute to make his cake look like his bear. It made all the hard work worth it when he saw it and said, "My teddy bear"! This little guy of ours is spoiled rotten and loved by everyone in our family. I think they all know this is it and treat him just like he is the baby. I think Spencer also knows this and takes advantage of this whenever he can. Of course we all just think it is the cutest thing. I never got it when everyone said things like, "Oh, he is the youngest". Or when parents say, "Well, he is our last, so just let it be". I get it now. It's like all of our parenting techniques get thrown out the window and the youngest rules the roost! Just look at him though...doesn't he just melt your heart. Yes, we are smitten, ALL of us. We are very blessed to have him in our home. He definitely makes our family complete. We love you Spencer. Happy 2nd birthday.

2 comments:

Lorena said...

He is so adorable!
~Happy Happy Birthday Spencer~

Robertsons said...

the cake that looks like his bear is GREAT!!!