Monday, June 9, 2008

AAAHHHH, a weekend ALONE!!!

This Weekend Craig and I got to go away for a much needed "mini" vacation. The last time we got to do that Matthew was a baby and went with us. So needless to say there was much anticipation for this weekend. It started off with a trip to Glen Ivy. We swam in the pools, covered ourselves in mud, sat in the spa and sauna and then we got a couples massage. What a great day! We then went out to dessert first and then dinner. Off to the beach after that. Saturday was filled with sleeping in, shopping at South coast plaza, a boat ride around Balboa, ice cream twice, and a very yummy dinner. Back at the hotel we decided to go swimming and sit in the spa there, just because we could. Sunday was another fun day. More sleeping in, a bike ride from Balboa to Huntington and back(boy does my bum hurt), a snooze on the beach, dinner and then home again. Now I know why we have kids. Why else would we plan trips away. What would you need to get away from? Your dogs? No, just the screaming, crying, fighting, bum wiping, diaper changing, chauffer here, there and everywhere, days. As we were driving home home Craig said, "I feel like we have been on summer vacation and are going back to school." He couldn't have said it any better. Needless to say it was a wonderful weekend and I just can't wait for another like it!

Do we look relaxed? That was the best massage ever!

Us on the boat. We rented it with our friends the Fishers. What a conincidence they were at the beach on a weekend alone too!

Craig trying to drive the boat and eat his ice cream too.
Us with the Fishers after our boat ride. Thanks for spliting the tab with us guys. Hey by the way, Happy Birthday Chris!

This is us in Huntington. We made it there and watched the waves for awhile and then started back. It couldn't have been a more beautiful weekend. Thanks for taking me away, honey...I love you.

12 comments:

Nat said...

What fun! I am jealous.

Candice said...

I'm jealous too! I love it when Jim and I can get away together. It's never often enough. Love you guys!!

Fausett Family said...

Jealousy must be going around, because I'm jealous too!!! The beach looks so nice. I can't wait we are going in July.

Becky said...

How fun! I miss Huntington SOOOOO much! Make that all of Cali! Hope you had fun!

The Reed Family said...

We will have to come up with a schedule...monday/wednesday/Friday I get Tricia, Tues/Thurs/Sat you do....nevermind it'll never work I might need to call her on the spur of the moment when I am feeling homesick! I actually don't mind sharing her, it's reminds me of what a great person she is that we all want a little bit of her time! And I must admit I too am jealous of the fun weekend, and that's fun that the four of you got to meet up for a little while.

Robertsons said...

Very FUN!

Lorena said...

Wow, I am so happy for you guys! :-)
looks like you had a wonderful time. Is always refreshing to get away with your honey and then come back home all re-energized!:-)

Heather Mower said...

Saw your blog through the Johnsons. Your family is so beautiful. Would love to hear from you guys! Rob and Heather Mower

The Taylor Family said...

Cole, you look so great! I swear you look just as young as the 1st time I met ya in Hogi Yogi! Your beautiful! I miss ya, hopefully we can get together in July when we come!

reesespeanutbuttercups said...

That's funny, because a lady Craig works with said to him, "Just how much older is your wife than you" I about died!!! I mean I know I am getting older, but do I really look THAT much older??? Or is it that Craig still has a baby face???

The Snow Queen said...

Dave wants to know if "sleeping in" is a code word for something else. I thought it was funny that you said it was so nice to sleep a bunch if times. I tried to tell him that sleep is what's nice... but you know how their minds work. THAT always trumps sleep.

hanesville said...

Hey! I loved to see that picture of your family, your kids are sooo cute. Natalie has been bugging me for months to get a blog going,and I am startimg to get the hang of it. It is so great to see what you guys are up to.